Let’s make a fun fall recipe; Banana muffins
Courtesy of: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/banana-muffins/
- Flour: I tested the recipe with both all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour and LOVED both variations. Use whichever you prefer.
- Melted Butter: We’ll use melted butter as the fat, though melted coconut oil works too. I love using melted butter in baked goods and though I was afraid these banana muffins would taste too dense without creaming softened butter (which incorporates air), that’s not the case at all.
- Bananas, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg: These guys lend most of the flavor.
- Egg: 1 egg gives the muffins structure.
- Milk: Provides necessary moisture. Dry muffins… the worst.
- Sugar: Sweetens. When I make these for my daughter, I use half brown sugar and half coconut sugar. You can use all brown sugar, all coconut sugar, or a mixture of the two. Keep in mind that coconut sugar isn’t quite as sweet as brown sugar, so the flavor will change. See my recipe note.
TIP: “To make banana muffins moist, make sure you’re using a solid ratio of dry to wet ingredients. I found the muffins to be dry without the addition of liquid, but a couple Tablespoons of milk solved the problem. Use a little fat (butter), brown sugar, and plenty of bananas for lots of moisture and flavor.” – Sally’s Baking addiction
Are you craving some banana muffins now? Bake some and post it on Social Media! Tag @TreasurePropertyGroup!
Looking for a nice home with a nice kitchen to bake? Contact Treasure Property Group! We are families working for families, and we want to help you!