Hurricane season: Florida’s “special” time of year. It is important to stay prepared and safe during such uncertain times. Treasure has your back.
Steps to Take:
- Make A Plan: Everyone in the household should know and be aware of this plan. If evacuation is necessary, what is your evacuation zone? Make sure you have a clear understanding of any measures you will take. Also keep emergency hotline numbers at hand. (Remember the pets too!)
- Safety In And Out Of The House: Consider putting up window shutters, moving outside furniture, removing hanging wall art, and decluttering drains and gutters.
- Gather Supplies: Food, water, and other essentials are necessary to stock up on. Better to be safe than sorry. Make sure cars are tanked full, and you have enough utilities.
- The Emergency Kit: Have medication, flashlights, first aid kits, and extra batteries. It’s important to have these supplies in the house anyways.
- Store Important documents: Legal papers and documents should be stored somewhere safely. Make sure you have ID’s up to date and possibly secured in a digital space.
- Protect Your Business: Review any business insurance policies, and keep contact information for employees. Have an emergency business response plan.
What to know:
State of Florida Emergency Information Hotline: 1-800-342-3557
Florida Power and Light (FPL ): 1-800-4-OUTAGE
Dept. of Financial Services Insurance Claim Hotline: 1-800-22-STORM
American Red Cross: 1-800-HELP-NOW
Salvation Army Donation Helpline: 1-800-SAL-ARMY
FEMA Registration: 800-621-3362
Treasure Property Group wants you to stay safe! We value you! Keep your household up-to-date with news and information about the hurricane. STAY INFORMED!